This article details the 10 best cybersecurity companies, their services, pros, and cons. It also mentions the best practices to maintain a good cybersecurity posture.
Best cybersecurity companies provide varied services that help achieve, enhance and manage your organization’s security through vulnerability and malware detection, penetration testing services, application security, firewalls, and more.
Here’s a list of the top cybersecurity companies that provides a plethora of services designed to help your organization achieve and prioritize safety:
- Astra Security
- Cobalt Iron
- Palo Alto Networks
- Indusface WAS
- Arctic Wolf
- Alert Logic
- Orca Security
- Check Point
- Proof Point
- Guidepoint Security
The 2020 pandemic and the subsequent shift to online modes of communication and work have resulted in more than 60% of consumers showing increased concern with regard to data safety.
With this sudden boom in prioritization of security investing in a good cybersecurity company has become a major decision with equivalent benefits to it.
This article explores the best cybersecurity companies for you and provides a well-curated list of companies that provide cybersecurity through various facets. Along with this, the article mentions the best practices to maintain a good cybersecurity posture and some of the major risks faced by companies that lack a good security posture. Keep reading to know more!
Top 30 Cyber Security Companies
1. Astra Security
Astra Security is the leading provider of VAPT security services for web and mobile applications, networks, cloud, and APIs. Its comprehensive vulnerability and malware detection make speedy remediation possible for any malware or vulnerabilities found.
It also provides world-class firewalls and continuous vulnerability scanning as well as periodic penetration tests to ensure maximum safety for your cloud environment.
Automated vulnerability scans
Astra’s vulnerability scanner is capable of conducting more than 3000 tests to detect vulnerabilities that matched an extensive vulnerability database which includes OWASP Top Ten, SANS 25, known CVEs, and more.
Easy compliance checks
Continuous compliance scans ensure that compliance is maintained with industry-specific standards like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, and SOC 2.
Astra Pentest dashboard is unique in that it is entirely CXO-friendly and allows seamless collaboration between team members and pentesters for easy vulnerability fixing.
Astra’s comprehensive manual pentest can detect business logic errors, and conduct scans behind logins.
Zero False Positives
Astra’s Pentest team assures zero false positives in the report through thorough vetting after the automated scans.
It provides extensively detailed reports as well POC videos to help organizations patch the vulnerabilities found quickly.
Astra also conducts a gap analysis of an organization’s security systems to find the gaps in security and performance that can be improved on.
Publicly Verifiable Certificate
Provision of publicly verifiable certificate upon completion of security analysis and remediation which enhances the company’s reliability and trustworthiness.
- Can be integrated into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensure zero false positives through thorough manual vetting of scan results.
- Periodic penetration tests to understand and remediate any exploitable flaws found.
- Has a comprehensive malware and vulnerability scanner.
- Helps with cloud vulnerability management.
- Provides round-the-clock customer support.
- Does not provide a free trial.
- More scope for integrations.
McAfee gives holistic solutions to address one’s global security requirements which include incident response, anti-virus software for virus detection and protection, security risk assessments, and even training.
- Easy to navigate and works well in the detection and protection against viruses.
- Optimized anti-virus that doesn’t slow down the PC.
- Good customer service.
- Not user-friendly for beginners.
- Can be slightly expensive.
- Only applicable for detecting viruses.
Symantec’s cloud workload protection provides automated security measures for your cloud providers and customers alike.
- Provides end-point protection and threat detection.
- Also has centralized management.
- Has malware detection capabilities with the capacity for immediate remediation.
- Can be integrated within the CI/CD pipeline.
- A pricey cloud security solution that may not be feasible for small to medium-sized companies.
- Could provide better integration possibilities.
Iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and employees with secure access to the internet from anywhere in the world. It also provides great third-party integrations for cloud-native security functioning.
Provides malware detection, CASBs, data loss prevention, and other features like blocking 4 billion threats per day while processing 150 transactions daily.
- Affordable pricing for cloud security.
- Great support team.
- Easy to navigate dashboard
- Can slow down systems.
- Can be difficult for beginners to navigate without training.
- Can block necessary sites too.
5. Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron assures data security and resilience through hands-free intelligence to back up important data. It provides layered security controls for protection from ransomware. It eliminates any vulnerabilities found during the backup process.
- The product is easy to use
- Provides ease in data backup and resiliency
- Pricing not mentioned
Also Read- Top Cobalt Alternative and Competitor
6. Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks provides an all-around malware detection service as well as a next-generation firewall with high-end capabilities. It provides network speed and threat protection due to its streamlined organization.
- Palo Alto Network’s cloud security solution is easy to set up.
- Provides zero-day monitoring.
- Provides scope for integrations.
- Can be an expensive choice to opt for.
- No alerts for cloud performance degradation.
Avast is a world-renowned cybersecurity company that offers plenty of services at an affordable rate. These services include Antivirus, Ransomware, Identity, and Data Protection, for PCs with different operating systems like Mac, Android, and iOS.
It provides IT support for customers 24/5 with the help of expert technical engineers as well provides automated patch management services. Unlimited VPN services are also a given with Avast where user can secure their network connections when using public wifis.
- Award-winning anti-virus protection for various operating systems.
- Quick and friendly IT support with expert technical engineers.
- Built-in VPN services for securing and encrypting data and employee internet connections.
- Can be difficult to navigate.
- Could be more affordable in terms of pricing.
- Difficult subscription management.
Yet another leading cybersecurity provider, Zscaler provides users with a tight zero-trust security posture that can be managed at all aspects, thus making navigation easy and the security posture more secure.
Distributed cloud-based security for web, email, and mobile computing regardless of client locations. It helps identify SaaS application misconfigurations and improper access authentication to provide remediation measures and provide secure access to the SaaS application with alerts for any anomalies or threats found.
- Offers services like file recovery and integrity monitoring.
- Inspection of SSL traffic for malicious activity.
- User-friendly interface.
- Pricing options are available only on contact.
Rapid7 provides world-class services for application security, vulnerability management, and SIEM. Other services provided by this company include penetration testing services and vulnerability scanning.
- Simple and easy-to-navigate interface.
- Capable of finding hidden vulnerabilities
- Great and easy-to-understand reports.
- Customer support can be improved.
- Removal of scanned devices must be done manually.
Also Read- Comparison between Qualys and Rapid7
Cisco is a leading provider of cyber security services which include next-generation firewalls and intrusion prevention, advanced malware protection, and VPN to protect employees and their internet connections.
Other services include email security, endpoint security, and security management. These services along with Cisco’s Identity and Access Management all make for a veritable array of products and services that are preferred by many.
- Provides end-to-end data security.
- Highly professional team with great customer service.
- Has limited integrations.
- Can be difficult to set up initially.
BurpSuite is a constantly evolving vulnerability scanning tool that provides integrations for easy ticket generation.
Now, it also provides scope for testing out cloud environments and testing for misconfigurations in S3 buckets.
- Provides advanced automated pentesting services.
- Provides step-by-step advice for every vulnerability found.
- Can crawl through complex targets with ease based on URLs and content.
- Advanced solutions are commercialized and can be expensive.
- Does not provide expert customer service and assistance.
Microsoft offers security features like identity and access management, threat and information protection, DDoS protection, cloud security, and vulnerability management.
Microsoft has put forth different tools like Active Directory for identity and access management, Microsoft Sentinel, Azure Key Vault, and more for Azure cloud security services.
- Reduced false positives.
- Easy for beginners and professionals alike
- Easy navigation.
- More integrations.
- Documentation could be better
- Improve its ticketing and management capabilities.
Qualys provides its cloud customers with continuous monitoring, vulnerability management, compliance solutions, and web application firewalls.
These services make Qualys a top cloud security solution contender.
- Well-designed and easy-to-navigate user interface.
- Constant updates ensure the current security measures for the cloud environment.
- Limited scheduling options.
- Scans are not applicable to all applications.
Established in 1985 Sophos Cloud offers simplified enterprise-level solutions for cloud security including vulnerability scanning, 24/7 cloud threat detection and response, native protection, and security automation for DevOps.
- Available for AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Helps with security automation through DAST, SAST, and SCA code analysis.
- Intuitive user-friendly dashboard.
- It can be expensive.
- Difficult to set up.
- Customer support could be better.
This is a vulnerability scanner that was designed for efficiency promising 90% scan results by the time the scan is halfway completed.
It also allows the scanning of multiple environments as well as the prioritization of vulnerabilities.
Its key features include the ability to pinpoint vulnerability locations, and optimization for script-heavy sites among others.
- Time release of updates
- Can find a wide array of vulnerabilities.
- Agile testing with detailed reports
- Does not provide expert remediation assistance with professionals.
- Does not ensure zero false positives.
- Pricing is not mentioned.
- Dated user interface with scope for improvement.
16. Indusface WAS
Indusface combines automated scanning and manual pentesting to help you detect all OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, and business logic errors and also promises zero false positives, and provides remediation assistance.
The scanner built by Indusface is focused on scanning single-page applications and they offer intelligent crawling.
- Assured zero false positives through zero-day protection.
- Helps achieve compliance with regulations like PCI-DSS and ISO 27001.
- Vulnerability detection is not limited to OWASP Top 10.
- It has an executive dashboard that provides necessary information.
- Not available for mobile applications.
- Reports are difficult to understand.
Veracode is a dynamic solution that helps in the analysis of web applications to find vulnerabilities. It has the capacity to run thousands of tests with a less than 1% false positive assurance rate.
- Offers DAST, SAST, and penetration testing services.
- Provides detailed and comprehensive reports.
- Provides automated remediation assistance.
- Zero false positives are not assured.
- Could improve its user interface
- Can be difficult for beginners.
Lacework is a cloud-based security company that provides threat detection and vulnerability management services for AWS, Azure, Google, and other cloud platforms.
- Good vulnerability management services.
- Available for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Can be difficult to set up.
19. Arctic Wolf
This company provides managed detection and response solution that is available 24*7. It includes constant monitoring of networks, cloud environments, and endpoints.
Arctic Wolf eliminates alert fatigue and the possibility of any false positives while customizing responses catered to the organization.
- Good security protection solution.
- A cost-efficient solution to having an in-house SOC.
- Notifications can take time.
- Could have more integrations than currently available.
20. Alert Logic
AlertLogic is a well-known SOC-as-a-service and vulnerability management provider that provides managed threat detection and response services (MDR).
Their holistic services include 24*7 threat monitoring, incident validation, remediation, log management, and more.
- User-friendly solution
- Precise and timely notifications
- Easy-to-navigate dashboards.
- Could have better end-point protection.
21. Orca Security
Orca Security provides vulnerability management services for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, and Google Platform.
It combines all cloud assets in a single graph and supports more than 40 CIS benchmarks and other security regulations. Orca’s vulnerability management program makes actionable data easily available to the right teams.
Other features like data encryption, antivirus, potential intrusion, and threat detection are also provided.
Managed services from Orca Involve a simple 3-step process that includes discovery, monitoring, and assessing the assets.
- Vulnerability management services for AWS, Azure, and Google platform.
- Provides actionable data
- Provides data encryption and antivirus protection.
- No upfront pricing provided
22. Check Point
Well-known for its highly effective firewalls, Check Point also offers other cyber security features like advanced threat prevention, encryption, and endpoint protection.
Its security features for cloud infrastructure and mobile applications are also widely in use.
- Highly scalable tool
- Quick troubleshooting and great GUI
- Quick in the detection of zero-day attacks.
- Needs more fine-tuning in terms of domain blocking.
- Requires real-time updates
Nessus is a web application vulnerability scanning tool released by Tenable. It helps with point-in-time analysis of security systems to find vulnerabilities that may be plaguing them.
Tenable vulnerability management tool focuses on automated scanning to get a better view of cloud infrastructure and web applications to find vulnerabilities.
They also provide a detailed reporting feature that details the vulnerabilities found and the appropriate patches for them.
- Helps find missing patches that are critical to maintaining security.
- Point-in-time analysis of security system.
- Helps achieve compliance with the scans.
- Advanced support is only available upon additional payment.
- Takes time to complete scans.
- Can be an expensive solution.
24. Proof Point
Proofpoint focuses on detecting and preventing user-based security risks. These can include email-based threats, phishing attacks, social engineering attacks, etc. Proofpoint offers a host of products around digital security awareness, cloud security, email protection, and compliance.
They also offer on-call personal assistance regarding security. The focus of this company is mostly on defensive measures but it can help a good deal with your security assessment needs as well.
- Easy to use
- Real-time notifications
- Customer support is good
- Not constantly updated.
- Detection is not always accurate.
HackerOne brings the strengths of expert hackers to business security. Insights are offered by actual hackers and prepare systems for a real-time hack situation.
HackerOne focuses on application security, vulnerability management, attack resistance management, and cloud security. Their products include HackerOne Bounty and HackerOne Assessments.
- Neat, well-designed dashboard
- filter available for spam bug reports.
- Time is taken for the identification of the actionability of a bug.
26. Guidepoint Security
Guidepoint security offers detailed cloud security assessments that assess security strategies, migration readiness, and cloud health checks to determine any issues.
- Provides customized innovative solutions
- Examines cloud environment against standard frameworks.
- Can be more expensive than other available options
- Could have a better user interface.
They are a reputed and experienced firm of cybersecurity auditors with understanding and experience on how to implement the best ISMS for one’s company. They provide strong framework management through accountability of ISMS schedules and routine audits to maintain improvement.
Conducts regular analysis and review of the information security management system in place to uphold compliance standards and efficiency.
- Provides security training services
- Regular analyses of security systems
- Provides vulnerability patch management
- Pricing is not mentioned.
Sciencesoft is a cybersecurity service provider that provides its customers with network, web applications, social engineering, and data security testing. It is an ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 compliance-certified company.
This guarantees data safety for clients of a vast diaspora ranging from banking to healthcare and retail. Their major advantages include their expert team having years of experience, partnerships with IBM, Microsoft, and more as well providing data analytics.
- Wide range of services
- Enviable clientele
- Weak remediation support
Detectify provides surface monitoring and application scanning options for a company’s growing attack surface. Its Application Scanning option scan and detect vulnerabilities automatically.
- Real-time alerts for the vulnerabilities detected.
- Continuous scan that can be integrated into the development pipeline.
- Surface monitoring provided by Detectify can detect a lot of vulnerabilities in the internet-facing assets that organizations have.
- Expensive compared to other options.
- Reported performance issues with the interface.
This popular online protection service offers reliable protection for SaaS services, websites, APIs, and all things in connection with the internet.
The tool provides optimized high-speed connectivity between devices, and network protectivity against external attacks. It also secures resources like cloud applications, web services, and applications.
- Has a good user interface
- Security first mindset.
- Good in keeping websites secure.
- Does not provide live demos of the product.
- Could have more integrations.
7 Best Practices for Good Cybersecurity
1. Update Regularly
Regularly updating your software and hardware is a crucial cyber security practice that allows maintenance of optimal security. Old hardware can result in slow response times to threats while outdated software can result in an increased security gap between the software security and the latest vulnerabilities. These issues can be avoided easily with the continuous upkeep and updating of software and hardware.
2. Strong Passwords and 2FA
Placing strong passwords and multifactor authentication can go a long way in protecting your assets against threats online. Passwords should be changed regularly and be made difficult to ensure their strength. Make sure it isn’t written down anywhere as these can be misused by people.
2-factor authentication refers to having a strong password and one additional factor that is used for verification and authentication of your identities like a security question, OTP, or even biometrics.
3. Periodic VAPTs
Period vulnerability assessments and penetration tests can help you analyze and understand the vulnerabilities that plague your company’s online presence. Vulnerability assessments give out results of a scan that identifies potential vulnerabilities.
While penetration tests go a step beyond scanning and identification of vulnerabilities by also exploiting them to understand their impact on the security system and confidential data.
Conducting VAPT regularly ensures that all the possible vulnerabilities and flaws within your security system have been detected and remediated with the aid of the measure provided by the VAPT reports. This allows you to be safe from unknown threats.
4. Backup Data
Ensure to back up all your important and confidential data which in case of an incident or hack, can make the retrieval and recovery process go much faster than without a data backup.
Backups should be taken on the cloud or on a local storage device that is secure and can’t be accessed by unauthorized users. These storage devices should be scanned for viruses daily to ensure their safety and access when required.
5. Data Encryption
Enable encryption of data both at rest and in transit using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure data in transit. This protects the data that is being transmitted through networks to different devices and destinations from being hacked and exploited.
Encryption keys can be used to encrypt data at rest which can later be decrypted as well. This protects data that is backed up or stored in the database and those that are not moving through networks.
6. Malware and Virus Scanners
Deploy malware and virus scanners to detect any malicious threats to your system. These scanners can stop any malicious or suspicious activity thereby preventing serious damage to the system, its security, and the data stored within it.
7. Train Employees
Lastly, training employees in the best practices to maintain good cyber security is prudent. Ensure that passwords are stored in safe locations and not divulged to anyone, that they are changed regularly, and aren’t easy to figure out. Maintain a checklist that employees can follow to maintain security
Top 5 Cybersecurity Threats
1. Password Attacks
In this type of cybersecurity threat, attackers aim to crack or guess passwords in a random or systematic way using different methods. These methods include:
- Brute-force: In this type of password attack, attackers use different software designed to use logic-related assumptions for the passwords.
- Dictionary attack: In this, the attacker tries a known list of possible passwords or regularly used passwords and their variations.
2. Social Engineering
Social engineering attacks refer to the manipulation of users to carry out actions that are desirable for hackers to obtain information. Social engineering attacks mainly rely on human error to take advantage.
There are different types of social engineering attacks like phishing, spear-phishing, honey trap, and whaling.
- Phishing: Fake emails and other correspondence are sent, seemingly from reliable sources that may require users to click or enter details that can be obtained to be used for malicious purposes.
- Spear-phishing: Spear phishing is similar to phishing but differs in the sense that these attacks are specifically targeted and catered to individuals with security privileges or certain sensitive information like administrators and executives.
- Honey Trap: In this, the malicious attackers take on an alluring persona during interaction with a target through which they are coaxed to reveal private information.
- Whaling: This is another form of phishing where bigger targets (whales) like CEOs or CFOs are the intended victims of the trickery that leads them to divulge highly sensitive data.
3. Malware Attack
Malware attacks take place through immersion or sending of a malicious code of file that leads to the corruption of sensitive data and also results in the hackers gaining access to the targetted assets.
Different kinds of malware include:
- Trojan virus: These are viruses that are hidden within seemingly harmless files that escape detection but infect systems when downloaded.
- Spyware: Mostly used to infect phones, desktop applications, and browsers this type of malware allows attackers to gain access to private payment details and credentials.
- Worms: Worms are malware that is designed to exploit backdoors and flaws of operating systems to gain unauthorized access which can result in the onset of various kinds of attacks
4. Cloud Vulnerabilities
These are vulnerabilities found within the cloud platform made use of by organizations to store sensitive data and applications. One of the major vulnerabilities found in the cloud is improper identity and access management where people who should not have access to certain areas can gain access due to improper authentication and authorization.
Misconfigurations are another major source of cloud vulnerabilities that can come up from human error. Misconfigurations in cloud storage buckets have been the reason for many data leaks or thefts.
Benefits Of Employing Cybersecurity Companies
With hackers developing more and more sophisticated than ever before, it comes a necessity to secure one’s organization and all of its assets, both offline and online. Cybersecurity companies go a long way in providing the services that can you secure your organizations from malicious attackers and the subsequent threats that arise from them.
Employing a cybersecurity company comes with numerous benefits which include:
- Uncover Security Threats
Services like malware scanners, vulnerability scanners, and VAPT services all help uncover security risks and threats before they are exploited by hackers. These vulnerabilities are then fixed with the help of the remediation measures within the reports provided by the cybersecurity companies.
- Security Consciousness
Cybersecurity companies help ensure that your organization, its assets, and services all remain safe and secure which increases your reliability and trustworthiness in the eyes of your customers.
Not only this, but it also helps in boosting your clientele since more and more customers are beginning to prioritize the security of the services in tandem with the services required by them.
- Cost Effective
Employing cybersecurity companies that provide anti-virus, malware and vulnerability scanners, VAPT services and more can help in the early detection of malware and vulnerabilities which can then be remediated.
This is much more cost-effective in comparison to dealing with a data breach or theft which can costly in terms of recovery of money lost and sensitive data acquired by malicious attackers.
- Achieve Compliance
Employing cybersecurity companies not only makes for effective security but also helps in achieving compliance through compliance-specific scans and remediation of non-compliant areas found.
According to compliance standards like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and GDPR, maintaining security is of the utmost priority without which the organizations are liable to hefty penalties and even criminal charges. These regulations also stipulate the measures that need to be taken to protect applications, networks, and the sensitive data it holds.
This article has discussed the best cybersecurity companies that provide various services like vulnerability assessments and penetration tests (VAPT), malware scanners, anti-virus software, threat detection, and management among other services.
Choose the right combination of services today for safeguarding your organization and maintaining top-notch security while detecting vulnerabilities and remediating them on time!
1. What is the best cybersecurity company?
From the leading solutions and demand for cybersecurity, it can be said that companies like Astra Security, McAfee, and Symantec are some of the best cybersecurity companies out there providing a diverse range of security products.
2. Why is there a high demand for cybersecurity?
The need and demand for cybersecurity are on the rise since cybercrime and attacks are at an all-time high. The recent shift to an online mode of working has only contributed to the increase in such threats thus increasing the awareness about the need for good cybersecurity.
3. What do cybersecurity companies do?
Cybersecurity companies provide various products like malware and virus scanners, VAPT services, firewalls, ransomware, anti-virus, and more to ensure the safety and security of your organization’s assets.