By following these simple steps, you can remove Astra from your Opencart website.
Uninstalling from Opencart 1.5.x
- You can do this via FTP, SSH (if available), or cPanel because you need to additionally remove the files.
- First, navigate to the /vqmod/xml/ folder and delete the file named ‘czar_astra_oc1.5.xml’ inside the folder that you have downloaded and placed while installing.
- Once the file is deleted, then clear the “vQmod” cache by deleting the ‘vqmod/vqcache’ folder.
- Once the cache is cleared, delete the folder called ‘astra’ from the root of the site.
- Now go to your OpenCart dashboard & refresh. You’ll not see ‘Astra Security‘ item on the menu because it is uninstalled successfully.
Uninstalling from Opencart 2.x
- Navigate to Extensions > Modules, locate the module Astra Opencart Security in the Modules list and click on the uninstall button.
- To apply the changes you have just made, go to Extensions > Modifications, click on the (1) Uninstall red button next to the module you are uninstalling and then on the (2) Refresh sign at the upper right corner of the page.
- The module is successfully uninstalled.
To finish the removal of the installation we must delete the additional files from the folder. You can do this via FTP, SSH or your cPanel by following these simple steps:
- Go into the website root directory where all the OpenCart files are located.
- You will find a folder named ‘astra’ over here which you need to delete. right-click on the folder and click the ‘Delete’ option to remove the files.
In case of a confirmation popup, click on the Delete File(s) button to complete the deletion.
Uninstalling from Opencart 3.x
- The first step is to Uninstall the extension from Extensions > Modules. This will remove all the changes to your OpenCart website made by your extension.
- After that, go to the Installer, find the extension in the Install History and click the red Uninstall button.
- No more deleting files manually, it’s all done with a single click.
In case of any further queries, you can reach out to us through the support tab in your dashboard. We’ll be happy to help! 🙂