Joomla SQL Injection: Is your Joomla hacked?
Joomla is one of the largest and the most popular content management system which is open source. Joomla has a large user base, and the popularity has brought the service under the notice of attackers and malicious programmers. Attackers often target this service since the users store a huge amount of data on their servers. Hackers often launch a Joomla SQL injection attack on accounts that have certain vulnerabilities. Any vulnerability will lead to a huge leak of data which would benefit the attackers. At Astra such attacks and hacked Joomla accounts are common. Any breach in the system can cause potential havoc for customers and their businesses. If you are a user then identifying an attack or vulnerability is very important. However, if your account is hacked, then the first step is to identify the attack. Identifying the attack will enable you to find the vulnerability and plug it. To help you with this, the following vulnerabilities might be a probable cause for your hacked account.
10 Joomla SQL Injection
- Joomla Component ccNewsletter 2.x.x ‘id’ – SQL Injection: This vulnerability is based on the CcNewsletter plugin. By using this extension, you can send newsletters to a single user or to a group of the subscribers. It is very user-friendly and so has become quite popular among Joomla users. Moreover, the popularity has enabled attackers to launch a Joomla SQL injection attack.
- Joomla! Pinterest Clone Social Pinboard 2.0 – SQL Injection: Attackers can make use of this vulnerability in the Social Pinboard plugin for Joomla. This plugin helps in creating websites similar to Pinterest to make use of the social media. Due to its several features such as SEO optimized, customizable, responsive theme, to name a few, it has become very popular among users who like Pinterest.
- Joomla! Component Timetable Responsive Schedule For Joomla 1.5 – ‘alias’ SQL Injection: By taking advantage of the TimeTable Responsive Schedule plugin, attackers can compromise your Joomla account. This plugin helps users to create timetables quickly, without any hassle. Moreover, it also contains an event manager, upcoming events module, event occurrences shortcode, to name a few. This, due to its easy usability and the quickness with which it creates tables, this plugin is quite popular.
- Joomla! Component Staff Master 1.0 RC 1 – SQL Injection: This attack uses the vulnerability of an old plugin named Staff Master. The vendor site does not exist anymore thus gives us reason to believe that the plugin is outdated and has no security patches. However, using such plugins can make your Joomla account susceptible to attacks by hackers.
- Joomla! Component Smart Shoutbox 3.0.0 – SQL Injection: This is a vulnerability that is found in Smart Shoutbox. It is a very popular chat module in Joomla. It supports cross-site chatting, multiple chat instances and files uploading, to name a few. Several other features make this a popular choice among Joomla users.
- Joomla! Component Project Log 1.5.3 – ‘search’ SQL Injection: This attack exploits a vulnerability found in the Project Log plugin from The Thinkery. This plugin lets the user make and manage projects, assign various posts and responsibility and also post documents and logs. Hence, these features have made this plugin common among users who use Joomla for their projects.
- Joomla! Component NeoRecruit 4.1 – SQL Injection: NeoRecruit is a recruitment component for Joomla made by neoJoomla. This plugin allows the user to post job and internship offers. In addition to simply enabling the user to post the offers, this plugin also lets the user extract the CV and the cover letter from the applicants and create a true database. Moreover, the database can be easily managed by either the front end or the back-end.
- Joomla! Component JTicketing 2.0.16 – SQL Injection: The JTicket plugin from the developers at TechJoomla has a vulnerability that is been exploited in this attack. This plugin is a full-fledged event booking system with features like ticket booking, multiple event management, and several payment options. Thus, using this plugin, users can develop and run a mini Eventbrite like services on your website and invite attackers for finding a Joomla SQL injection method.
- Joomla! Component JquickContact 184.108.40.206.1 – SQL Injection: This vulnerability is found in JQuickContact. It is a contact form plugin with captcha and customized mail format. Moreover, it also has features such as customizable input fields. Such features have made it a common plugin among Joomla users. However, using this vulnerability attackers can launch any Joomla SQL injection attacks on your account.
- Joomla! Component AllVideos Reloaded 1.2.x – ‘divid’ SQL Injection: This is a full-fledged component that lets users play videos and edit them. Furthermore, this plugin has features such as the ability to play videos in a popup window, works in custom modules, multiple translations, an edit button for easy embedding of videos. However, a vulnerability in this plugin allowed hackers to launch attacks against the account.
In conclusion, such vulnerability in plugins can be exploited to launch various attacks and take control of the account. Joomla has a large user base, and hackers can take advantage by obtaining personal data and business information. The best way to prevent such attacks is to avoid using old and outdated plugins. Keeping your plugins updated will allow the developers to install security patches to protect against any attack and also plug in the vulnerabilities. these steps will help you protect against Joomla SQL injection attacks. For ensuring the safety of your account, you can take help of Astra. Moreover, with its team of experts, it will ensure that your account stays safe.
For newest information you have to go to see web and on internet I found this website as a finest web page for latest updates.
What’s up, every time i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the dawn, since i love to learn more and more.
Great items from you, man. I’ve keep in mind yoᥙr stuff prevіous to and you are just extremely wonderful.
I actuaⅼly like what you’ve bօught right here, certainly like ᴡhat
you are stating andd the best way byy ᴡhich you are saүing it.
You make іit entertaining and you continue tо take
cаre oօf to keep iit wise.I can not ԝait to read far more from yoս.
That is actually a great web site.
Would love to perpetually get updated outstanding blog!
Thank you to read by this informative article.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next post thanks once again.
I have read some excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for
revisiting. I surprise how so muhh attempt you set to make this sort of great informative site.
Thanks for your kind words.
Hello. remarkable job. I did not anticipate this.
This is a remarkable story. Thanks!
It is not my first time to go to see this site, i am browsing this web site dailly and take nice data from here all the time.
Thank you so much, Barbra
Hello, this weekend is good for me, as this occasion i am reading this wonderful informative paragraph here at my residence.
Thanks for finally talking about >Joomla SQL Injection: 10 Joomla SQL Injection vulnerabilities you should be aware of <Loved it!
Thank you so much 🙂
I know this website gives quality based articles or reviews and extra material, is there any other web page which gives these things in quality?
Thank you so much for your kind words. You can check cybersecurity news websites like Zdnet, THN etc.
Very rapidly this site will be famous among all blogging viewers, due to it’s nice articles
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who was conducting a little
homework on this. And he in fact bought me dinner due
to the fact that I stumbled upon it for him… lol.
So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But
yeah, thanks for spending time to talk about this subject here
on your web page.
I am always browsing online for articles that can aid me.
You’re welcome, Hugh
I am impressed with this website, rattling I am a big fan.